The 2022 bibliography of IE articles can be found here: IE-Articles-2022 final IE-Articles-2022 The list is in Excel format, allowing you to search by keyword, date, author or journal. The article titles are hyperlinked to the article abstract.
- There are 62 IE articles included in our list. This is a slight increase from 60 published the previous year.
- Of these 62, nine (15%) were from the elite group of our IE-friendly journals: JIBS (2), JOM (1) JBV, (2), JWB (2), GSJ (1) and SEJ (1). This is a positive trend indicating that IE continues to be seen as a relevant area of study.
- Besides JIEN, the only journal devoted to IE, IBR and IJEBR published the most IE articles (8 and 14 articles, respectively).
- The 2022 articles included 2 literature reviews and one special issue (IJEBR).
- We continue see digitization and IE as an important theme along with entrepreneurial cognitions (e.g. entrepreneurial orientation, international experience) and social issues. There were relatively fewer articles featuring comparative studies.
The papers included were found in:
- IE-friendly journals (n = 30) with impact factor > 1.0; and
- the Journal of International Entrepreneurship (the only journal devoted to IE).
Editorials/introductions to special issues were excluded and core exclusion criteria were as follows:
- Studies focused on SME internationalization rather than IE per se, i.e. where entrepreneurship issues and theories are not integrated or addressed in the study;
- Studies in which the primary focus is not international entrepreneurship. E.g. studies of biotech firms in global industries or in which the focus is on technological innovation rather than business or entrepreneurial processes;
- Studies focused on domestic entrepreneurship in one country;
- Cross-cultural assessments of (e.g.) EO measures that focus on scale and measure development or validation;
- Studies on transnational and/or immigrant entrepreneurship.
NOTE – please email Martina Musteen at email@example.com to report any errors or omissions.
Many thanks to the Wendy Gillespie Center for Advancing Global Business at San Diego State University for assistance in compiling this list.