European Foundation for the Improvement of Living and Working Conditions (Eurofound) recently conducted a study on the motivations, opportunities and challenges of born globals and small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) in integrating and managing their global value chains (GVCs).
The study also includes:
- Investigation of the role of selected policy measures in supporting SME internationalisation, including different types of support in Europe and beyond.
- An analysis showing how such interventions can be improved to better address the needs of born globals and internationalising SMEs.
- An in-depth analysis of seven case studies of European born globals and their international partners together with 28 policy measures cross Europe, Australia, USA, Japan and Korea
- Examination of the barriers to internationalisation
- Suggestions for policy development.
The full report can be found here.