The Journal of International Entrepreneurship welcomes submissions for a special issue on “Digitalization and Servitization in International Entrepreneurship”
The issue will explore the creation and deployment of digital dynamic capabilities in the digitized international entrepreneurial ventures enabling to enter and compete effectively in the rapidly expanding online global marketplace.
Submission Deadline: November 30, 2022
- Levels of analysis of digitalization and DDC in international entrepreneurship research and differences between digital IEVs and non-digital IEVs.
- Different practices that enhance DDC in the context of digital IEVs and non-digital IEVs and their consequential impact on their performance (e.g. international extent, scope, and speed, international performance, innovation performance).
- Similarities and differences in digitalization across domestic/international market operations. Conceptual and empirical discrepancies between born-digital IEVs and non-digital IEVs.
- Defining, adapting, measuring and comparing different digitalised and/or servitized business models in IEVs.
- Antecedents and conditions that enable or disable the adoption and implementation of digital business models or servitization in the context of international entrepreneurship.
- Different paths for evolving transition along the product-to-service continuum in the context of IEVs and their impact on their performance.
- Interactions between servitization and digitalization in response to international opportunities or to global crisis for IEVs.
- The service paradox in the context of IEVs and the role of digitalization and other internal capabilities to overcome the service paradox.
- Servitization impact in early and rapid internationalization, and foreign entry mode selection (e.g. Internet; foreign agents and distributors, IJVs, FDI, alliances and/or networks).
Special Issue Editors:
Andreu Blesa, Universitat Jaume I de Castelló, Spain
Alex Rialp, Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona, Spain
Josep Rialp, Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona, Spain
Maria Ripollés, Universitat Jaume I de Castelló, Spain
The full CfP can be found here: JIE CfP