The 2021 bibliography of IE articles includes papers found in:
- IE-friendly journals (n = 29) with impact factor > 1.0; and
- the Journal of International Entrepreneurship (the only journal devoted to IE).
Editorials/introductions to special issues were excluded and core exclusion criteria were as follows:
- Studies focused on SME internationalization rather than IE per se, i.e. where entrepreneurship issues and theories are not integrated or addressed in the study;
- Studies in which the primary focus is not international entrepreneurship. E.g. studies of biotech firms in global industries or in which the focus is on technological innovation rather than business or entrepreneurial processes;
- Studies focused on domestic entrepreneurship in one country;
- Cross-cultural assessments of (e.g.) EO measures that focus on scale and measure development or validation;
- Studies on transnational and/or immigrant entrepreneurship.
The list is in Excel format, allowing you to search by keyword, date, author or journal. The article titles contain a hyperlink leading to the article abstract.
- There are 60 IE articles included in our list. This is a decrease from 82 published the previous year.
- Of these 60, seven (12%) were from the elite group of our IE-friendly journals: JBV (1), and JWB (6).
- Besides JIEN, the only journal devoted to IE, IBR, JBR and JWB published the most IE articles (8, 8 and 6 articles, respectively).
- The 2021 articles included 7 literature reviews or meta-analyses.
- 6 articles were cross-country comparative studies.
- The role of institutions in IE was among the most common themes (9 articles); the topic of international opportunity was a focus of 6 studies.
NOTE – please email Martina Musteen at email@example.com to report any errors or omissions.
Many thanks to the Center for Advancing Global Business at San Diego State University for assistance in compiling this list.