The Department of Management of Ca’ Foscari University, awarded by the Italian Ministry of University and Research as a “department of excellence” (Dipartimento di Eccellenza), is looking for a scholar that will contribute to its scientific production related to the evolution of regional economic, industrial and entrepreneurial systems in medium-tech sectors, with a particular attention to entrepreneurial and innovation ecosystems. Specifically, the scholar will be asked to contribute substantially to the research activities of the Agrifood Management & Innovation Lab (https://www.agrifoodlab.it/) and work on the following topics:
- the forces shaping value chains on the local and global scale;
- the analysis of the role of regional contexts wherein firms are located for their transformation and competitiveness;
- the interplay between firms and industrial clusters dynamics;
- the interdependencies between firms’ strategies and value chains dynamics;
- the interactions between firms, entrepreneurial and innovation ecosystems;
- the interplay between firm-level innovation and the innovation and development of the surrounding regions
Application Deadline: January 31st 2021
Candidates must prove to have the competencies to significantly contribute to the scientific debate on the aforementioned topics and to engage in fruitful dialogues with practitioners, experts and policy-makers. Moreover, candidates should prove to possess competencies and abilities to teach in bachelor and master’s courses in a Department currently involved in the EQUIS accreditation process. The candidate needs not to be expert in the agri-food industry, though a specific expertise on the sector will be preferential in the selection among equivalent profiles. She/he will be required to show a clear commitment to developing research on the sector through a research statement.
Interested candidates are required to send an email with object “Expression of Interest RTD-B: application” to email@example.com
- Cover letter illustrating
- past research,
- current area of interest,
- envisioned development in case of selection for the position,
- reasons why the position is of interest,
- research statement,
- statement on the candidate’s fit with the laboratory and Department at large.
- Curriculum in English
- Up to 4 publications in full text
- List of all relevant publications
- Up to two letters of recommendation (not compulsory).
About the Department of Management at Ca’ Foscari University
The Department offers English-taught degrees at the undergraduate, master and doctoral level, and an excellent research environment encompassing scholars for a broad range of scientific areas, including travel support, a bonus plan for high-quality output, a seminar series, and doctoral fellowships. https://www.