Given the circumstances, the Haskayne School of Business (HSB) at the University of Calgary has extended the deadline for applications for an academic position in the area of International Business Strategy. This position will be appointed at the rank of Assistant Professor (tenure-track), Associate Professor (with tenure), or Full Professor (with tenure). The proposed start date is July 2020, with an option to negotiate a later start.
New Application Deadline: April 30, 2020
- A doctorate in International Business and/or Strategy, or a closely related field (such as Business Economics) by the time of hire
- A strong record of research in international business (see specific requirements for each rank below)
- An active research program in international business, including sub-areas of international entrepreneurship and family business, with a high potential of future publications in AJG4* journals
- Mainstream strategy scholars with multiple articles in AJG4* journals will also be considered
- Evidence of grantsmanship (commensurate with the professorial rank applied for)
- A demonstrated capability in graduate- and undergraduate-level teaching, with excellent student evaluations
- A demonstrated affinity with the practice of international business strategy, as shown by an understanding of practical issues faced by managers and a willingness to conduct managerially relevant research, capacity to contribute to HSB’s engagement with the business community, and/or willingness to disseminate research to the general public and the business community
- A demonstrated willingness to provide service, as evidenced by a history of engagement in committees, initiatives and administrative duties at a school, University, or international research and/or business community level (commensurate with the professorial rank applied for)
- Evidence of successful teamwork and a collegial approach to interacting with colleagues, students and other stakeholders.