The Hawaiian International Conference on Systems Sciences (HICSS) will take place January 7-10, 2020, at the beautiful Hawaiian island of Maui.
The Knowledge Innovation and Entrepreneurial Systems track includes a minitrack “Culture, international business and knowledge systems” chaired by Mika Gabrielsson, Minna Rollins and Arto Ojala and it is particularly suitable for IE scholars.
Paper Submission Deadline: June 15, 2019
Notification of Acceptance/Rejection: August 17, 2019
Deadline for Final Manuscript: September 22, 2019
About the Minitrack
The track explores the impact and role of culture on managing knowledge and designing and implementing knowledge systems within local and global groups and organizations. This is crucial for instance for internationalizing firms and already global organizations. Success of their international business operations and marketing is depending on effective learning and knowledge coordination.
The minitrack covers broad issues related to culture (sub-cultures as well as national cultures) and knowledge systems. It is open to all methodological and theoretical approaches and welcomes papers as well as research-in-progress papers from researchers and practitioners.
Potential topics in our minitrack may include, but are not limited to:
- Transferring and sharing of cultural and indigenous knowledge and designing knowledge systems
- Implementing knowledge systems in internationalizing firms or global organizations
- Managing knowledge in international new ventures and other entrepreneurial firms
- Cultural differences in managing and designing customer relationship and other
marketing related knowledge systems
- Challenges of managing knowledge in culturally diverse teams and organizations
- Knowledge systems in cross-border mergers & acquisitions
- Sharing and using knowledge collected from different markets and regions
- Global Account Management and knowledge systems
- Case studies focusing on knowledge systems in culturally diverse groups and
- Impact of knowledge, culture, and digitalization on firms’ internationalization
- Practitioner papers and field studies in the topics above
For more information about the conference: http://hicss.hawaii.edu/
Primary contact: Mika Gabrielsson (University of Eastern Finland), firstname.lastname@example.org